Followers

Sunday 1 October 2017

October challenge - Rhedd's Creative Spirit

Hello again everyone,

It's time for our October challenge over at Rhedd's Creative Spirit! As always, anything altered art or mixed media goes (no cards please!)

I'm very fond of my make for this month, and it's going up on the wall right next to another steampunk canvas I did a little while ago!


The picture doesn't show it very well, but the background is a bronze tone (A 13 Arts paint I got in a Craft Box mixed media box) , while the different elements are all highlighted with gold (from my Rustoleum gold leafing pen. I am in love with that thing!).


The penny farthing is a gorgeous piece from Fernli Designs, as are about half of the gears. the other half and the rest of the embellishments are from Craft Box. I am hopelessly in love with the clock stencil in the background (got that from craft Box too), and a little bit of Distress ink really made it pop!


I had so much fun doing this canvas, and just love the way it came out. hubby loves it too, so it's definitely going up in our living room!



I hope you'll check out the gorgeous work done by me fellow teamies, and then come and play with us!

Have a most fantabulous day!

Sammy-x

challenges: 

I'd like to enter this canvas in the current challenge at A Vintage Journey.

I'd also like to enter the heavy metal challenge at Simon Says Stamp 

6 comments:

Veerle said...

This is awesome Sammy looks amazing. Love this.

Barbara said...

Stunning project! I adore steampunk corner!!! Absolutely fabulous! Thanks for joining us this week on Simon says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!Barbara

sarascloset said...

Wow, Sammy! I saw this in the gallery at Simon Says Stamp, and had to come in for a closer look! This is amazing in texture and patina! And, squeal! I see you entered this into our Altered Art Challenge at A Vintage Journey, so I'm I going to tell you how thrilled I am that you did! Hugs! Sara Emily

Words and Pictures said...

Fabulous steampunk canvas - the monochrome colour palette makes it so rich and elegant, and the textures are wonderful. Thanks so much for joining us on A Vintage Journey.
Alison x

Rupa Swaminathan said...

Gorgeously Steam punk Sammy!The rich metallic tones that you have used enhances the textures so beautifully.

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Sammy, your mixed media pieces are always sooooo stunning and this is utterly fabulous hun! Love all the texture and gilded touches. Truly stunning hun. Hugs, Wends xoxo