Followers

Sunday 1 October 2017

October challenge - Altered Eclectics

Morning all!

Time for our October challenge over at Altered Eclectics!

I did a canvas, which is a little different from my usual...


I decided I really needed to do something with some of the 250000 buttons I have, especially the ones that aren't nice enough to use on a card or anything where they'll be too visible... so I decided to use them here, paint over them, and then highlight with silver (for which I used a Rustoleum silver leafing pen). apart from the buttons, all the embellishments came from Craft Box. Did you know that aside from the normal box (charms, papers, embellishments and more), Craft Box now also do a mixed media box? I've had all three of them so far, and they're packed with awesome stuff, like the brilliant art stones I used here.

So, that's mine, now do yourselves a favour and go take a peek at what the rest of the team have made! after that, why not come and play with us?

Back in just a minute with another post, but until then, hope you're enjoying your day!

Sammy-x

2 comments:

Sarah said...

This is really lovely Sammy, such a pretty colour and a great way to use plain buttons xx

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Wow, what a cool use for buttons!! What a stunning piece Sammy. I love the warm peach cream tones. Truly stunning hun. Hugs, Wends xoxo