Followers

Saturday 7 January 2017

Something New - Sweet Stampin'

Good morning all!

Time for the first Sweet Stampin' challenge of the year, and if Santa brought you anything crafty, playing along will be easy, as the theme is Something New. But even if Santa forgot to drop off the crafty goodness you'd been hoping for (like he seems to do every year. Bah Humbug!), I'm sure you all have a new, unopened something in your stash you can use to play along with, no? And if you don't, how about using the new theme in a different way to mean a baby, house or job, etc?

For mine I used a brand new Snipart frame I got from Craftbox, some paper out of a previous box and a very old LDRS sentiment stamp that I hadn't gotten 'round to using yet, lol.


Sweet and simple, but the more I looked at it, the less I thought I wanted to add anything. The paper has enough interest already, and adding embellies at this point would just be overcrowding it, I think. I think I'm starting to get the hang of this CAS thing a little...

Now then, your turn. Come see the gorgeous inspiration my fellow Sweeties have cooked up for you, and then come play with us!

Have an awesomesauce day!

Sammy-x

7 comments:

Valerija said...

Wonderful card. Love the papers and amazing sentiment.
Valerija xx

brenda said...

Such a lovely card and pretty soft colours Sammy - would fit our theme at Stamping Sensations !

Hope you have a good weekend.

B x

Chris said...

A very beautiful card Sammy, gorgeous paper, the ornate frame is lovely and so are the muted colours. You were so right not to add anything else!
Chris
x

cotnob said...

This is beautiful Sammy, lovely papers and elegant design.
Pauline
x

Sarah said...

Very elegant Sammy and doesnt need another thing!!

Anne said...

Very pretty Sammy, I've been using those laser cut shapes and I like them a lot.
Loved your tray by the way, meant to come back and comment and just remembered I never did!

Anne x

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Beautiful Sammy! Love the muted colour palette. So elegant and beautiful hun. Happy New Year chick! Hugs, Wends xoxo