Followers

Saturday 19 September 2015

Emboss it - Sweet Stampin' DT

Good morning all!

Another Saturday, another challenge over at Sweet Stampin'. And this week our theme is Emboss it.

You can heat emboss, or dry emboss, it's up to you. I chose to heat emboss, and my Vintage Photo Distress embossing powder had just arrived and was sitting on my desk begging to be used.
So I inked up a background, and heat embossed a LOTV steampunk background stamp I've had since I started stamping and never gotten 'round to using. (Hey look, more NBUS!)
I added a few more TH goodies, et voila:


It's a little hard to tell from the photo, but the embossed background looks really rusty in person. I loooove the effect!

Now my fellow Sweeties have made some fabulous cards, so I hope you'll go and take a peek, and maybe come and join us with an embossed project yourself? Just don't forget to stamp!

Have a fantastic weekend!

Sammy-x

15 comments:

downrightcrafty said...

beautiful creation love the colour and image
hugs Kate xx

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Fabulous vintage look, love it. Just emailed you x

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Sammy, I can't even begin to tell you how inspired I think this card is! I love EVERYTHING about it. What a brilliant man's card. I love the embossing it's grungy and aged and awesome. Faaaaabuulous! Hugs, Wends x

Christine L said...

Wow Sammy.... what a perfect male card - loving the steampunk background though I'm not normally a fan.. but this is fabulous and so perfect behind that vintage image!

Big hugs and have a great weekend..
Christine x

brenda said...

A super masculine creation Sammy and your inking is very effective with the orange glowing through.

Have a good weekend.

B x

aussie aNNie said...

Brilliant make including fab papers and colours.xx
{The Journey Is The Start aNNie my personal blog}

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

What a fabulous card!

KT Fit Kitty said...

Wow, your background looks amazing! Love the vintage dude and added sentiments! Awesome card!

Sarah said...

Such a great card Sammy and I can just make out the rusty effect of the background xx

cotnob said...

A fabulous masculine make Sammy, a brilliant vintage design.
Pauline
x

Elise said...

Oh my gosh Sammy! This is wayyyyy COOL! I totally love the background .. all rustic and vintage! Gorgeous!!!

Big hugs,
Elise

Pawsitively Creative said...

This is gorgeous and wowzers! The background looks so rusty and yummy! Such a fantabulous masculine make! Awesome sauce Sammy! ~Niki

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Absolutely fabulous grungy card, Sammy!

Love and hugs
Maarit

MaryH said...

The background has a lovely patina, so I will have to look out for some of this EP...I don't do a lot of TH stuff, so don't always know what the products will do. This looks great with your gentlemen...so vintage and I like the rustic look of the sentiment treatment too. TFS & Happy Sunday.

Kat W said...

A wonderful project and the embossing looks great; what a lovely colour and textured backdrop for your vintage image :-)

Big hugs, Kat xx