Followers

Monday 23 February 2015

Your favourite technique - The Crafting Cafe DT

Good morning folks!

The challenge at The Crafting Cafe this month is your favourite technique. Brilliant, no? I certainly thought so.

Now one of my current favourites (you all know me, I like variety, so change my mind on this often!) is making backgrounds with Distress Inks. On my DT card I inked up a tag, using mostly yellows and oranges, and a little hint of green. I then heat embossed a text background with copper embossing powder, and then embossed my image in black.
I attached the tag to a card covered with contrasting paper and added a "sew sweet" sentiment a ribbon, pearls and die-cut arrow to finish the tag off. I added some more die-cuts and pearls to the card, as well as some Washi tape, and there it is!


So, what's your favourite technique? You still have a few days (not a week this time, as we run out of month sooner!) to enter, so why not come and play along?
Our sponsor this month suddenly closed down, so I have put some goodies aside for the lucky winner.

Have a fantabulous day folks.

Sammy-x

5 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

Gorgeous creation Sammy awesome technique used and delightful colours love your added beauties.xx aNNie ♥

{The Journey is the Start – my personal blog}

Pamellia said...

Wonderful colour combo Sammy!! That tag is amazing with all the script print on it and the washi tape is fabulous! hugs :)

cotnob said...

Your tag is fabulous Sammy, lovely embossed details and it looks perfect against your contrasting backing papers.
Pauline
x

Christine L said...

Wow... this is fabulous... and I LOVE how you created the background!

Hugs
Christine x

Jacee said...

Lovely design Sammy.
Hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design