Followers

Friday 23 January 2015

Lots of Layers - The Crafting Cafe DT

Good morning everyone!

I don't know if you're aware, but the January challenge over at The Crafting Cafe is Lots of Layers. I don't know about you, but I love that theme, probably because it goes well with my paper obsession! lol.

Now, we got a selection of lovely images from our sponsor Bugaboo, and I couldn't choose which to use... So I made two!

First of all, I made a card for a young girl, complete with Glossy Accents balloon and LOTS of liquid pearls!


And then I did one for a grown-up girl. I'm not sure why, but I seem to really like shopping images at the moment, even though I detest shopping myself (except for crafty goodies, naturally).


I love these papers (from the Basic Grey "Hipster" pad), but don't often make a card with an image that suits them. I think this one does :-) I also kept the embellishments to a minimum, just a few pearls. And the sentiment was something I cobbled together in word!

Now then, your turn. There's still a week to enter, so get layering and join us!

Have a fabulous day!

Sammy-x

15 comments:

Sarah said...

Great cards Sammy, great layouts on both and the papers are perfect for the layered look xx

Sarah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jane Savage said...

Love those scrummy papers, Sammy and they are beautifully layered too! Not surprised you couldn’t choose between those two fab images! Gorgeous colouring by the way!
Have a lovely weekend! xxx

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Two fab cards, especially love the top one, such a cutie and love the colours

Pamellia said...

Two wonderful cards Sammy! Love your images and all the fabulous papers! until next time, big hugs :)

aussie aNNie said...

Super cards Sammy and great images. I too hate shopping but for craft goodies, LOVE it.xx{The Journey is the Start – my personal blog}

cotnob said...

Two fabulous cards Sammy, I love the shopping image and fun sentiment.
Pauline
x

Margaret Mifsud said...

Gorgeous cards Sammy!!! I love layers too. Might have to go and look at that challenge!! Love these!! x

Desire Fourie said...

Beautiful designs with wonderful layers, Sammy.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Jacee said...

Fabulous Sammy, two smashers!
Hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

Inkypinkydelights said...

Great cards Sammy and Happy Weekend. Judy x

An Occasional Genius said...

Both fab Sammy, the little girlie one is so cute! Enjoy your weekend xx

McCrafty's Cards said...

Both cards are gorgeous Sammy, I like the images and the papers
Kevin xx

debby4000 said...

Two fabulous card and what great images and papers you've used.
luv
Debby

Christine L said...

Gorgeous colouring and paper choice on both cards hon... and I so agree with the sentiment on the second!

Hugs
Christine x