Followers

Tuesday 29 October 2013

Question, card and more exciting news!

Another fine day to all you lovely peoples out in Blogland!

If you would all be so kind as to again direct your attention to my side bar, you will see another new shiny there, this time announcing my being a part of the CraftyHands design team.
The CraftyHands challenge blog  is a brand new challenge blog and the first challenge is a super easy one... "Anything Goes". So why not pop on over and join in the fun?

And now for the question. (yes, I am aware I just asked a question already, but just play along with me here, ok? lol)
For those who colour with Promarkers/Copics or similar, how many pens do you find you use for an image? I tend to use between 14-18, even on images that only appear to have about 4! lol. Hubby often rolls his eyes at the huge amount of pens I have out on my desk just for a single image.
Am I abnormal (ok, don't answer that!) or is this normal?


And now, finally, a card. I had a looksee through my stash of Christmas cards, and realised that most of them are extremely girlie. Now that's not really a huge problem, but I do know a lot of guys too, lol.
So I set to trying to come up with a card I'd sent to my best friend. Him being male, but living in a house full of females (wife and young daughters), girlie elements seemed ok, but not too much, and definitely not pink. Same goes for one of my brothers. These cards didn't want to be overly masculine, but also don't want to offend the gents' sensibilities by being too pink and frilly.
This is the result:


What do you think..? Ok for a guy surrounded by girlies? I was going for a vintage Christmas feel and tried to keep the colours and other elements as traditional as possible.

Recipe:

Image - "Trimming the Tree" - LOTV
Medium - Promarkers
Paper - "Krafty Christmas" - LOTV
Sentiment - "Christmas grungy messages" - LOTV
Dies - Small Poinsettia builder die - Dies by Chloe
White and red card, Tree, ribbon and pearls from stash.
Glossy accents (for the star)

I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:

Crafty Little fairies - Anything goes


Stay crafty!

Sammy-x

8 comments:

Sarah said...

Just right Sammy!! Well done you on getting another DT to play with. As for the Promarkers, yup, a desk full for me too! Light, medium and dark of each colour that I need...that just about works!! xx

Kathleen said...

Fabulous card and love your colouring. I am rubbish at colouring mostly because I don't have so many pens out

Kath x

Sue said...

Congrats hun! and fabulous card I love it huggles Sue xxx

cotnob said...

Perfect for a guy - even one that isn't surrounded by girls, great image and the papers are perfect.
Congratulations on both of your new DT roles, I will look forward to seeing your fabulous creations.
Pauline
x

Susan Hogan said...

Lovely LOTV image - so sweet, this card.

Susan Hogan said...

By-the-way, its normal! Congrats on your DT too!

debby4000 said...

Love your gorgeous, adorable card.
luv
Debby

Little K Smith said...

Aawww this is gorgeous, I love the LOTV image and lovely colours too!
Thank you for joining us at CLF :)
Kelly.x