Followers

Thursday 1 February 2018

February challenge - Altered Eclectics

Hello again!

Back again with my second post for a challenge starting back up after the Christmas break! This time, Altered Eclectics is looking for your altered art, and the team have put together some fab inspiration for you!

I played about with a greyboard mini album blank, and a gorgeous paper pad from Stamperia.

Sorry, this post is going to be a little picture heavy!


The front was decorated with a variety of nautical embellishments, such as seashells from the beach at Filey, Hessian and twine, and some Polaris stones (I got the stones and the papers from Craft Box)
The cute little ship's wheel is from Fernli Designs. I think I got the letter stickers from The works...


The Stamperia pad is full of stunning papers, and even includes some designs to cut out and turn into little envelopes, which is of course perfect for a mini album. The paper is a little more expensive than I'd like though. Didn't realise when I bought it that it was only 10 sheets, but the price reflected a full-sized pad! So a rare treat it is.


I cut several nautical characters with a set of First Edition dies, and scattered them throughout the album. I tried several different types of card, but decided I liked the black silhouette effect best.



There are lots of journaling cards/photo mats which I cut from the pad and placed in some of the pockets.





I left the back blank so it can lie flat without damaging anything.


Et voila! One nautical mini album. I really want to go on holiday now! lol.




Whew! You made it to the end! Your turn. Go take a peek at the lovely projects waiting for you over on the blog, and then please do come and play with us!

Have an awesomesauce day!

Sammy-x

5 comments:

Carole said...

A real labour of love and a great work of art. I think you need a holiday now...and then you can write in your journal!

http://blog.timetocreate.com.au/ said...

What a fabulous Sea themed mini album Sammy. Love anything Nautical.

Elaine aka Ellapu said...

Such a beautiful album and so much work involved. Love it hun xx

Sandra Wright. said...

Your Album is awesome Sammy..and it has all the elements I love..xx

Pia S said...

Wow. This must have taken you quite some time to put together. Your album is fabulous!