Followers

Wednesday 1 March 2017

March challenge - Altered Eclectics

Hello again!

Back with altered art project number two of the day! This one is for Altered Eclectics, where we would also love to see your altered work!


I altered a MDF ATB from Fernli Designs


One of my absolute favourite discoveries is the Mixed Media Art Pad from Hobbycraft. as a general rule I tend not to shop at Hobbycraft, as they charge WAY over the odds for things, and our local branch focuses too much on peel offs and toppers, and doesn't really stock much in the way of useful supplies.
Their Mixed Media art pad however, is now one of my absolute essential staple products. It's definitely on the "desert island" list! It is fantastic at dealing with wet media, is super strong, but is also smooth and doesn't have the texture watercolour cardstock does.
I love it!
I used it both on the panels covering the block, and for the heart die-cuts. It reacted beautifully to my Distress inks. Seriously. LOVE it!


The stencil I used on the panels and the flowers on top are from one of my Craft Box boxes. to finish the top, I added a flourish from Fernli, and a heart pendant rescued from a broken necklace.


Some pearls and Tim Holtz smalltalk sentiments finish it off beautifully.


And that's my ATB. the photos don't really do the colours justice (it's far bluer in person), but not much one can do with this miserable weather we're having!

I hope you'll come and play with us this month!

Have an awesomesauce day!

Sammy-x

11 comments:

Sandra Wright. said...

Awesome cube Sammy..love the colour combo too. The embellishing is so pretty, I just love it...
Hugs x

Elaine aka Ellapu said...

I agree with Sandra. I envy you for being able to transform small pieces as I struggle with it. i am loving the colours and the flowers and and and the list goes on. I love everything about it hun xx

Chris said...

It's a beautiful project Sammy. Love the colours and those fabulous background panels...the flowers are gorgeous too.
Chris
x

Rupa Swaminathan said...

That's such a cool thing to look at Sammy! Beautiful blues and I love the way you used up that broken piece from from your necklace!

Judy McKay said...

Sammy - your altered box is beautiful. Love the colours. Judy

Andrea said...

stunning Sammy. I love the colour blue is my favourite and what a great use of broken jewellery a truly wonderful piece of art finished to perfection thank's for sharing your inspirational work crafty hugs Andrea x

SewPaperPaint said...

Absolutely beautiful ATB, wow! Stunning! Hugs, Autumn

Jane Royston said...

Fab project Sammy and I love the colours! Jane :) xx

SewPaperPaint said...

Fabulous ATB, super springy and beautiful! Hugs, Autumn

Nora said...

Such a lovely cube!!!

Carol said...

FAB cube - love all the embellishments xx