Followers

Tuesday 1 November 2016

November Challenge - Altered Eclectics

Good morning folks,

I literally shuddered when I realised it was time for the November challenge over at Altered Eclectics already. November!! Where did the rest of the year go?
I guess I'd better step up the Christmas cards and presents if I want to have any chance of getting ready in time (especially considering I have both kids' birthdays still before then too!).

Speaking of presents, my daughter told me she was in need of a moneybox recently. Luckily I had visited the MDF man this summer, so had some blanks to play with. I grabbed one, and set to work with a beautiful napkin I picked up at Live & love crafts, and decoupaged it (after giving it a coat of tattered Rose paint, of course. It had to be pink!)


She really loved the cluster of flowers and other goodies I added on top. I also included my favourite bark hearts - when I heard L&LC was closing down, I immediately rushed off to buy half a dozen packs of them, as I tend to use them a lot and couldn't bear to run out! - I also had to add a little cherub charm to go with the cherubs on the napkin.
When my daughter was little, I always called her "angel", rather than calling her by her name. Apparently a lot of people thought it was her name for a while, lol.


And that's my daughter's brand new moneybox. Do pop over to the altered eclectics blog, and come and play with us this month!

I'll be back in a moment with another post!

Sammy-x

9 comments:

Carole said...

Lovely money box Sammy Jean...i bet your daughter will treasure this.

Jane Savage said...

Soooo beautiful! No wonder your 'angel' adored it! xxx

Inkypinkydelights said...

What a brilliant idea Sammy! I love this! I am so inspired! Someone told me it is 8 weeks to Christmas, oh heck I had better get a move on! lol Love this idea as a present though. Judy x

cotnob said...

This is gorgeous Sammy, such a beautiful image - so pretty.
Pauline
x

Christine L said...

WOWW Sammy!! This is so beautiful!! And OF COURSE it had to be PINK!! LOVE that vintage image!! Sorry there are lots of caps and exclamation marks.. but this creation deserved it!!

Christine x

Jane Royston said...

A gorgeous project Sammy! I have a vast collection of MDF too, lots from the MDF man :) I am sure your daughter will treasure it, Jane :) x

Judy McKay said...

Very pretty altered money box. Gorgeously done. Judy

Sandra Wright. said...

This is so lovely Sammy..love the image on your napkin.xx

Elaine aka Ellapu said...

beautiful money box, love the image and actually love the entire project hun xx