Followers

Saturday 27 August 2016

NBUS #7!

Hi all,

I was so happy to see that the fabulous Darnell is hosting her 7th NBUS challenge!
For the un-initiated, NBUS stands for never-before-used-schuff. The reason I love this challenge so much, is that it makes me look at my stash, and all those items I simply had to have, then put away in my cupboard to be completely forgotten about.
Admit it, you have plenty of those too! ;-)

So, I decided to play along using a gorgeous Craftwork cards paper pad with beautiful nautical papers, which have been languishing at the back of y 8x8 box, unused, for more than a year! I teamed it with an Inkylicious twinchie stamp I've used once before (OBUS?) to make a useful card to replenish my dwindling "for the gents" stock!


Factoid for the day for the nautically challenged: The reason a ship's speed is measured in "knots", is because back in the 15th century they measured the speed using a knotted rope tied to a piece of wood, which would be thrown in the water. They would count the amount of knots that passed through their hands as the rope played out during a set amount of time, and that's how they figured out how fast they were going.
Thus the addition of my knotted piece of rope, even if my knots aren't quite the required 14.4 meters apart!

Anyways, enough waffle. I'm off to play over at Darnell's Playhouse I know she'd love to have you come play too!



Have a fantabulous weekend!

Sammy-x

10 comments:

brenda said...

The papers compliments the image so well Sammy and it's a perfect masculine card, I too am always short of those.

Wishing you a lovely weekend.

B x

KT Fit Kitty said...

OBUS, that's funny! I love your nautical card! Nice job using up your NBUS papers! Have a great weekend!

Brenda in IN said...

What a great manly card and I love the knot. Thanks for the info about speed in knots. I never knew that.

Darnell said...

This is nautical and masculine at its best, Sammy! That shell paper is the perfect background for your OBUS (love it, lol!) and brilliant knotted rope!! Thank you so much for your very kind words and for playing in my NBUS Challenge #7!! Hugs, Darnell

cotnob said...

A fabulous masculine card Sammy, a super nautical theme.
Pauline
x

McCrafty's Cards said...

great card Sammy, I like the ship and the shell paper
Kevin xx

Carole said...

Great masculine card Sammy.

Unknown said...

This is fabulous! Love the design and fab paper and stamp!
Lucy x

Sarah said...

A great nautical themed card Sammy and the knotted detail finishes it perfectly xx

Kat W said...

I actually dread to think how much NBUS I have! Great use of your NBUS for this masculine design and it looks so stylish in monochrome blue :-) Oh, apart from the knot, which isn't blue...but looks fabulous so it's all ok!
Big hugs, Kat xx