Followers

Tuesday 7 June 2016

Our House

Hi all, post #2 of the eve!

I'd gotten myself a lovely parcel of crafty goodness the other day (I was only ordering some more ATC sleeves and somehow stuff fell into the basket... You know how it is.), and amongst them was a gorgeous paper collection (Chatsworth) by PaperArtsy. Suitably in love, I figured I'd go check out the blog, and there came across their current challenge, themed Our House.

There were some utterly gorgeous examples of house-themed art, but I knew realistically the ones that impressed me the most were just somewhat out of my artistic range! (seriously, go check out the post and look at the second example, the one made of wood. Incredible!)

But then I saw a journal page by Kate Crane, which featured the kind of kooky houses I'd often admired but was always a little nervous to try. So, suitably inspired, I had a go.

I do have an art journal, but until today only had two pages finished in it, and I'd certainly not blogged the others, so this is a first for me!



The background was made with Gesso, covered in Dylusions, and then several layers of Stencilled Distress inks. I drew (yes, I actually drew! Miracles do happen...) the houses on some pages of an old book, and coloured them with Distress Inks.

I love how I managed to get a very layered, textured look, and the page is still almost completely flat! Not counting the houses.



The only thing I'm not happy about is the "home sweet home". I really, really hate my handwriting, and I didn't have any even remotely suitable stamps. Something else to add tto the shopping list! ;-)

Right, that's it from me for tonight. Sweet dreams my dears.

Sammy-x

8 comments:

brenda said...

A very quick peek at your latest creation Sammy as trying to get ahead of the workmen and no internet today.

B x

aussie aNNie said...

Brilliant designed card, lovely gorgeous colours.xx
 {aNNie}

Pop's Cards said...

Good morning sweetie, this is simply stunning :0)

Hugs Pops x x x

Chris said...

Well Sammy, you've certainly had a busy and productive week craft wise, and you've created some beautiful projects! I love your art journal pages, fabulous texture and colour, the quirky little houses are lovely AND there's nothing wrong with your handwriting!
You inspired me to reach for my own sadly neglected art journal and have a flick through, won't have time this week but planning to add to it when I get back from holiday, so thanks for the inspiration!
Chris
x

Sarah said...

This was worth the effort for sure, it's so dimensional...great job xx

cotnob said...

This is brilliant Sammy, a super background and lovely colour choices.
Pauline
x

Anne said...

Oh I also admire the work I see like this Sammy and will get to round to having a go one day. Yours is on my list to admire, I love it - and you drew the houses!
Anne x

Tracey T said...

This is fab, Sammy! Don't stress about your handwriting - it's much better than mine and I couldn't have drawn the houses, either. Art journaling: another thing to put on my "when I retire to do list"! xx