Followers

Saturday 8 August 2015

Anything but a birthday - Sweet Stampin' DT

Good morning everyone!

First of all, there's still a day or so left to enter my candy if you haven't done so yet. See the sticky post at the top of my blog.


So, I was away at Standon Calling festival last weekend, dressing up as a cowgirl, teaching folks to sing "I Shot the Sheriff" and entertaining lots of little deputies, cowboys and Indians with wild west related crafts. Luckily the weather was absolutely glorious, so no mud to contend with!
I did over-do it a bit, so have spent most of this week in bed, but all in all, I'd say it was a success :-)


Now then, on to this week's challenge over at Sweet Stampin'. The theme is a very easy Anything but a Birthday so there's no excuse not to join in.

I took the opportunity to have a play with one of the fab Tim Holtz burlap panels that I'd picked up a little while ago. LOVE them. Because they are wood underneath the burlap, there's no distortion that you might sometimes get when using a canvas.


Everything on this panel, besides the twine, is TH. Paper, tissue tape, ephemera, sentiment, metal bits and of course stamp, markers and inks. There's also some Distress paint on the sides of the panel to add some interest.



Soooooo much fun to make, and definitely one I'm keeping for myself!

Hope to see some of you enter the challenge this week, and I hope to come visit your lovely blogs soon too.

Have a fantabulous weekend!

Sammy-x

13 comments:

Christine L said...

Wow.... this looks good! So much fab detail - and I like the look of that burlap!

Glad you had a good time at the Festival - though sounds like you did overdo it slightly!

Hugs
Christine x

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Sounds like a fun time. Fabulous make, love it all. Take care xx

Tracey T said...

Stunning! I wouldn't know where to begin to make something like this. Are we going to see any photos of you in your cowgirl costume? xx

Chris said...

So much detail and such a stunning combination of gorgeous stamping and ephemera! Not surprised you're keeping it for yourself!
Have a good weekend and take it easy!
Chris

Margaret Mifsud said...

Wow!! This is totally awesome. Love the stamping and ephemera. Gorgeous make!!

Sarah said...

Such a great project Sammy, the texture and colours are fantastic and so you should keep it for yourself...you deserve it!! xx

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Sounds like some hot-diggidy fun Sammy! Pics please! Love your fabulous burlap panel Sammy, not seen these before, but I wanna see more after seeing this gorgeous creation. LOVE it! All the layers and pieces work so brilliantly. Love the measuring tape (is that washi?) and the fab image, fantastico! Hugs, Wends x

cotnob said...

This is brilliant Sammy, so many fabulous details.
It sounds like you had fun last weekend.
Pauline
x

SewPaperPaint said...

Awesome project! So cool!

samantha wade said...

Wow, love it, xx

Pawsitively Creative said...

I had to see this and see a closer view. Love the feel of this burlap and the details you have incorporated. This is marvelous and gorgeous! Your blending is masterful. Wowzers! ~Niki

Jane Savage said...

Fantastic, detailed project, Sammy! For a minute there I thought “Oooh it’s for me as it says ‘Savage' on the panel at the bottom!” Specsavers is looming methinks!!! :) xxx

Pop's Cards said...

Wow sweetie this is amazing, I love the vintage feel to it, hugs Pops x