Followers

Monday 8 December 2014

Unstampabelles Guest DT

Morning all!

Slotting in an extra post here, as Susan recently asked me if I would do a guest spot over at Unstampabelles.  Now, I'm always up for a challenge, and not stamping is definitely a challenge, so I agreed.
And then Susan gave me the brief for the challenge...

Summer fun - twist: to make a Southern Hemisphere Christmas card

Eek! Remember, no stamps allowed. So I "ummed and ahhhed" for a while, before getting an idea. Sir Tim and his distress inks to the rescue once again!


I laid down some inks to look like a beach scene, then added a die-cut tree, decorated with Stickles and liquid pearls.
I did a wee internet search to come up with suitable ideas for sentiments, and found the brilliant "Let it snow! ...Elsewhere" quote, which I thought was perfect (and probably wishful thinking, lol), so I typed it up in word and printed it out, then added it to my card (after inking).
And there you have it! A summery Christmas card without stamps.

So, if you feel up to the challenge, why not play along this month? There's an awesome prize up for grabs from sponsor Bizzy Becs


That's it from me this morning. Hope you're all well, and I hope to come visit all your blogs soon!

Sammy-x

5 comments:

brenda said...

You got the warm weather glow going nicely here Sammy.

B x

Dr Sonia S V said...

Your tree looks so simple yet so beautiful
Cheers
Dr Sonia
My latest post: How I repaired my Big Shot

Jane Savage said...

Fab idea you clever so-and-so you!! Love it! xxx

Kat W said...

What a tricky challenge and your card is so clever and beautiful - you nailed it!

Big hugs, Kat xx

Christine L said...

Wow Sammy....... that is really clever thinking!! What a fabulous card - and such a perfect sentiment to match!!

Hugs
Christine x