Followers

Monday 29 December 2014

My Favourite Christmas cards of 2014

Good morning all. Well, I'm feeling much better right now, if you don't count light-headedness from the paint fumes! lol. Bathroom is coming along nicely... Though what was originally going to be a quick lick of paint on the walls has turned into walls, woodwork and a new floor! An afternoon's work is now about to start it's third day, but it's going to be soooo lovely when it's done. We've always been "muted" decorators, preferring soft or neutral colours, but this one is rather more eye-popping, and I LOVE it! Pacific ocean for the walls and Charcoal Grey for the woodwork (including the bath panel), offset by the white of the bathroom suite, tiles and radiator. The floor is also a charcoal kind of colour, and as soon as it's in, I'll take a picture! :-)

Now, on to today's post...

It's that time of year again! Debby has asked us to share our favourite Christmas cards of 2014.
I don't think I made many more than 5 this year (I got ill at the very worst time, so have had to disappoint a lot of people...), but I have dug out my favourites for you...

In 5th place

Lots of inky fun and a gorgeous Visible Image stamp. This came out exactly how I'd imagined it (which is unheard of!)


In 4th place


This one uses my absolute favourite Christmas papers of this year (from Dovecraft) and features my first attempt at completely colouring a background (with pens). I was sooooo happy with the result.

In 3rd place


I'm so pleased with how the colours came out with this one. The vintage feel is just my cup of tea, and I think this was my first real attempt at colouring with a lot of red!

In 2nd place



Well, I had to. It's purple! lol. And I kinda love the letter bead sentiment...

And finally in 1st place



I love the subtle muted colours of this one, and of course the adorable LOTV image and my favourite Christmas papers. In fact, I loved this card so much, I re-created it for a big Christmas card order I needed to fill (which is something I never do... I like to make different cards or I get bored, lol)

So there they are. My top 5 Christmas cards. I kinda love how they're all different colours (though maybe that's subconsciously part of why I chose them in the first place...) and I'm also quite pleased with the amount of different techniques I managed to try out too.



That's it from me right now. I've been trying to visit your blogs this morning, but if I haven't gotten round to you yet, please bear with me... I still have chaos in my bathroom to deal with!

Have a most excellent day!

Sammy-x

13 comments:

Pia Larsen said...

Lovely, lovely choices Sammy :o)
My fave is also your 1st place card.

downrightcrafty said...

great choice all so beautiful
hugs Kate x

McCrafty's Cards said...

These are all beautiful Sammy,
Kevin xx

aussie aNNie said...

Brilliantly made creations, love the colours and the images and dies are gorgeous. I do hope the start to the new year is a good one for you and your loved ones.xx Thanks for being a fab cyber buddy..xxx
{The Journey is the Start – my personal blog}

cotnob said...

This is a fabulous selection of cards Sammy, lots of different styles and designs.
I'm so glad that the bathroom is coming along nicely and that you are loving the new look - can't wait to see the photo when it is finished.
Pauline
x

Desire Fourie said...

Sammy this is a stunning series of Christmas designs and such a wonderful reflection of your awesome creative talent. Thank you so much for sharing them. Also wishing you a 2015 filled with tons of love and happiness xxx
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Sue said...

Fab cards Sammy! your bathroom colours sound really lovely can't wait to see a pic. Thanks for all your comments on my blog and being a fab teamie at SS :)) thank you for the birthday card you sent me ..Can you please let me have your address Sammy???? Wishing you and your family a fantastic 2015 lots of huggles Sue xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Looking forward to seeing the pics of the bathroom. Gorgeous cards all of them. So glad you are feeling better and back visiting, missed you x

Sarah said...

Glad you are feeling better Sammy :0)
Love your card choices xx

Kathleen said...

What a fabulous set of cards and I certainly agree with your No. 1 choice, it is stunning.

Kath x

Margaret Mifsud said...

Love your cards Sammy!! My fave is the No. 1 as well. Love those snowmen!! Gorgeous!! ox

debby4000 said...

Oh what a gorgeous selection of Christmas cards.
Thank you for joining in my Favourite Five Christmas cards.
luv
Debby

Pop's Cards said...

Good morning sweetie, these are all just gorgeous, hugs Pops x x x