Followers

Monday 13 October 2014

Another "new" technique...

Hi all,

I'm here with another Christmas card, which features another first for me. You'll all know by now that I don't colour backgrounds. Maybe a little shading here or there, or a pale outline around the image, but never al full-on coloured background.

Until now. You see, this gorgeous LOTV stamp is obviously a night-time one, so leaving the background white seemed wrong. So I thought "In for a penny" and all that, and went to work with the midnight blue!


Now, before you think that I was super brave, I scanned and printed my coloured image, and did the background on there first to make sure it wasn't going to look horrible! lol.
I was pleased with the result, so did the same with the original and then paired it up with some Dovecraft papers
I was somewhat annoyed with the fact that the white opal liquid pearls are more silver than white, but at least I know now and can use something else next time!
I finished off with one of the new LOTV Christmas sentiment stamps and a lovely red satin ribbon from Buckwell Craft Supplies.

Oh, and believe it or not I used 27!! Promarkers for this one (not counting the blender, lol). And I remember the days when I was impressed when I used 15!

Now I was hoping that since I used several snippets, Di would allow me to come and play at the Playground this week. I'd been meaning to for soooo long, so here it finally is, lol.
I'd also like to enter the Whimsy Stamps "Anything Goes" challenge this month.
And could I please enter this one into the LOTV "Anything goes" challenge too? Thanking you muchly.

Hope your Mondays are being kind to you all!

Sammy-x

18 comments:

Chris said...

Fabulous card, Sammy! The coloured background looks great!
Chris
x

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Sammy. Adorable image and fabulous colouring. I love the papers too.
Sue xx

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Your backgrouns looks fab, gorgeous card x

Inkypinkydelights said...

WOWSammy your background looks great. It is surprising what we can do if we challenge ourselves isn't it. Love the card. Judy x

Sarah said...

Great job Missus!! Love the stamp and the musical papers are perfect xx

cotnob said...

This is gorgeous Sammy, such a lovely image and your background looks fabulous.
Pauline
x

Jacee said...

Fabulous work Sammy, such a lovely design.
hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

Elise said...

Oh wow Sammy! YOu did a GORGEOUS job! Loooove the background night sky! Beautiful .. absolutely BEAUTIFUL!

Big Hugs,
Elise

Dawn said...

Brilliant Sammy Jean! I love the card, your papers & the great colouring! Well done on the background!
Hugs
Dawn xx

An Occasional Genius said...

Fabulous Sammy & I love your background, such a great job hon!

Jane Savage said...

Check you out!! Night sky supremo!! Looks amazing, Sammy and your paper layering is fab! xx

Irish Cherokee said...

Wonderful card Sammy. Ambitious. Isn't fun to use a bunch of colors on a card? Fun. - Jim

Christine L said...

Wow this is fabulous and that midnight blue background is stunning! I think I like that the the dots are silver rather than white too! And bloomin heck.... 27 markers??? eeek - put perfect!!

Hugs
Christine x

Di said...

Oh this is absolutely fabulous Sammy! Brilliant colouring with lovely shine to the hair. And the background is super - well done!

Great to see you in the Playground at last - I hear there's a conker challenge going on!

Hugs

Di
xx

Kat W said...

A gorgeous design; lovely colours and awesome work on that background :-)

Big hugs, Kat x

Liz said...

A lovely card - the colouring is brilliant! Love the music paper for the background. xx

MaryH said...

Hi Sammy, Saw your oh-so-pretty card over at the Snippets Playground and zipped over for a closer look. So lovely to have you playing with the Snippeteers there, some lovely & talented folks. Your card is beautifully colored on that background, so if it's your first effort...supremely well done. Love this old fashioned image...very traditional & pretty. Just became your newest follower, and hope to learn more about your and enjoy your work. HOpe you'll find time to visit me occasionally. TFS

Anne said...

Your entry is very welcome Sammy. Love the addition of the night sky - perfect with that image!

Good Luck!

Anne xx
Lili of the Valley