Followers

Wednesday 28 May 2014

Pegs! - Crafting with Dragonflies DT

Hello all,

And here we are again on a Wednesday looking at a new challenge at Crafting with Dragonflies! The challenge this fortnight is to use wooden pegs on or as your project.

I decided to make a notice board. I took an old placemat, and covered it in Docrafts "Happy Days" paper. I then did the same with a few pegs and die-cut some shapes to use as labels.
A little more paper on the background and a hint of washi tape finished it off, and made it look like this:


I kinda love that chevron paper, even though it makes my eyes go funny, lol.

I liked the idea of having one central place to corral all those scrap bits of paper that need attention at some point or another. Normally they end up on a surface in either the living room or kitchen and from there vanish never to be seen again (or at least, they take some finding!). This should hopefully help, and it's cheery and colourful to boot!

Now then, my fellow Dragonflies also have some great ideas for using them, so I hope you'll go take a peek, and maybe you'll be inspired to play along?

Have a super duper day!

Sammy-x

6 comments:

Susan Hogan said...

What a great idea! Glad to hear that losing things happens at other places too. Your pegs are cute and your peg board is wonderful.

Sarah said...

What a useful project Sammy. xx

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Great project, with you on the chevrons though lol

happyglitzygirl said...

Wonderful re use of materials we have around the house, very clever, great patterns, blessings Hilde

Irish Cherokee said...

Real nice Sammy. I can see the chevrons long after I look away. LOL

Sue said...

Fab idea Sammy!!glad to hear its not just in our house things vanish never to be seen again LOL huggles Sue xx