Followers

Thursday 13 March 2014

Flowers - Milk Coffee DT

Hello my lovelies!

Thanks for all the lovely comments everyone. And in response to some regarding the issues I'm having with Blogger:
I've had the occasional "empty" blog feed since I started by blog last summer, but a refresh usually fixed it. Recently it has started getting worse though... First needing half a dozen refreshes, and now it seems no amount will help when it decides it doesn't want to co-operate, which seems to be most of the time. I'm also having real problems with trying to load Mr Linkies that have pictures (text-based ones seem to work ok), which is causing untold problems commenting on challenge entries, or entering them myself. It's incredibly frustrating, and I've put in a query to Blogger to see if they have any solutions. Fingers crossed!

But on to happier things (luckily posting to blogs I have admin rights to works about 90% of the time!).

There's a new challenge over at MilkCoffee, and this fortnight we want to see Flowers. Well, that's hardly going to pose much of a problem for you all now, is it?

It certainly didn't for me, though I did make something a little different from my usual...


I used the lovely Lisbeth Loves Sunflower, and teamed her up with some Jillibean soup papers. I paper-pieced her clothes and headband, then picked some embellishments to match... The vellum oval is something relatively new to me. I tried with a regular piece of card first, but I found it "hid" too much of the card, then hit on the idea of using vellum instead, which I think worked far better.
I'm also not very used to using so many different colours at once, but I have to say I rather enjoyed that aspect! And I located some card candi I thought worked well... I keep forgetting I own a rather large supply of the stuff, and really should remember to use it more often!


Well, I'm certainly looking forward to seeing your entries (because enter you will, yes?) - provided blogger will play nice and actually show them to me! - and here's hoping I'll be able to catch up with you all soon!

I'd like to enter the following challenges:

Craft Mojo - spring flowers
Papertake Weekly - Bingo (gems, die cuts, flowers - amongst others!)

May your day be truly excellent.

Sammy-x

12 comments:

Sarah said...

Sweet image Sammy and beautiful complimentary papers!! xx

brenda said...

So pretty Sammy and lovely sunny colours.

B x

Jane Savage said...

Love the whole funkiness of this design, Sammy! Party on, dude! xx

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Sammy. I love the sweet image with her pretty dress and the cheery colours are so beautiful.
Sue xx

Unknown said...

Such a gorgeous card Sammy, cute image too.x

Andreja said...

You made such a pretty card and I like all details :-))
Hugs, Andreja

Wishcraft said...

Gorgeous colours and details, a really lovely card :o) Hugs, Lisa x

Wishcraft said...

PS. Have you tried using a different browser? IE doesn't work for me on Blogger, but Chrome is fine most of the time. Hugs, Lisa x

Kathleen said...

Gorgeous card, love the image and the fabulous papers.

Kath x

Lozzy said...

Love your card Sammy, so pretty image and loving the colours. Love how you have added the velum, it works..Hugs Lozzy xx
have you tried downloading google chrome, i have to use chrome to get blogger to work

Sue said...

Such a gorgeous image Sammy :) huggles Sue xx

cotnob said...

This is a gorgeous card Sammy, I love your image and fabulous papers.
Pauline
x