Followers

Wednesday 29 January 2014

Rhedd & Rosie's DT - Anything goes and some exciting news!

Good morning everyone!

Before I show you my Rhedd and Rosie's DT piece for this fortnight, I have something really exciting to announce!

Sandie, our intrepid leader over at Rhedd and Rosie's, is starting a new altered art challenge blog called "Rhedd's Creative Spirit", and she has asked me to be on the design team!


This will be an "anything goes" altered art challenge that runs monthly and awards some really awesome prizes! I for one am super excited to be a part of this, and I hope you'll all come and play along! The first challenge goes live on the 1st of Feb, so watch this space!

But in the meantime, you can play along with Rhedd and Rosie's challenge this fortnight, which is Anything Goes! So again, No excuse for not coming to play!

The prize this time is a $10 voucher for Stichy Bear's digi Outlet, and they gave us some fab images to play with! I chose the image "new jeans", and this is what I came up with:



I used Prima papers (mounted on ivory pearlescent card), and went to town with my distressing tool and my white gel pen to add faux stitching. The flowers are from WOC and the seam binding is from The Ribbon Girl. Lace and pearls from my stash, and of course the obligatory Stickles and my new love, liquid pearls.

And now it's your turn, but first, you must go see what my fellow teamies have been up to, because they're such an incredibly talented bunch!

I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:

Incy Wincy - ribbon and pearls
The ribbon Girl - anything goes
Craft-Dee BowZ - Anything goes with a handmade bow

Have a fabulous day!

Sammy-x

16 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats Sammy great news and a great card to top it off.xxx

Sarah said...

Great card Sammy such pretty colours and I am looking forward to seeing your creations for the new challenge xx

Zoe said...

Beautiful Sammy, great news on DT too xx Zoe xx

Jane Savage said...

Congats on your new DT post, Sammy. With your love of all things Tim Holtz this sounds perfect for you.

Fab card, gorgeous embellies and beautiful papers. Just perfect! xx

Sue said...

Congrats on your new DT place Sammy, it sounds like a great challenge.
Gorgeous card, I love the cute image, beautiful papers and pretty flowers.
Sue xx

Beccalite said...

This is stunning Sammy, love the colours, embellisments and the image is coloured beautifully.

Congratulations on your new DT, see you there ;-).

Great Big Huge Hugs

Becca xxx

cotnob said...

This is a gorgeous card Sammy, beautiful image and lovely soft colours and details.
Congratulations on your new DT role.
Pauline
x

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous love all of it, papers, flowers and that cute image.

Moira xx

gail said...

congrats on the DT post, your card is gorgeous,love this image. Gail

Gertrude said...

WOW, die Karte ist wunderschön
glg Gertrude

Sandra Wright. said...

You know I just adore your card,love how the image and shading all marries up with your embellishing.

A fanatstic shout out for the new blog...it's great to have you on board...xxx

Kat W said...

This has a gorgeous soft vintage feel to it with the distressing, pretty colours and beautiful flowers - so lovely :-)
Hugs, Kat x

Irish Cherokee said...

Congrats Sammy. That crazy Cherokee likes your card. So do I. A bit of antique and new. Nice.

Donna Maligno said...

What an adorable image and great coloring. Thanks for joining the Craft-Dee BowZ January challenge!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card. The colors and image fits so well. Thank you for playig us at Incy Wincy Challenge!
Kaia, DT.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card. The colors and image fits so well. Thank you for playig us at Incy Wincy Challenge!
Kaia, DT.