Followers

Tuesday 12 November 2013

Pink and white

Howdy everyone!

The theme this month over at LOTV is Pink and White, and I've finally finished a card for the challenge. It's taken me almost 2 weeks, but I got there in the end, lol.

I used one of the new stamps. Isn't she a cutie?


Please forgive the yellow-ish tint to the photo... I think my bulb is on the way out. will have to replace it!

I decided to keep the bears white, with just a hint of pink here and there. You see, I used to have a furry friend (a bunny, rather than a bear...), that looked white, but if his fur was parted, it was pink underneath. I always thought it was a great effect, and tried to replicate it here with the teddies.

I also had to replace the handles of the drawers with pearls. I had no choice in this, lol.


Now they need to bring out this stamp with a boy instead of a girl, and it'll be perfect for my son. He has over 100 bears! And he'll be getting more on the 21st, which is his 11th birthday.
He has Aspergers, and bears are one of the things he obsesses over...

Recipe:

Image - "My favourite friends" - LOTV
Medium - Promarkers
Papers - Emma's Garden - Jennifer Ellory
Sentiment - Handwritten phrases - LOTV
Spotty ribbon bow - Riverbank Revels - Helz Cuppleditch
Heart frame die - Cheery Lynn designs
Butterfly die-cuts very kindly given to me by a lovely blog friend.
Tattered rose distress ink, glass candi and pearls.


I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:

LOTV Ideas to inspire - Pink and White
Sister Act card challenge - Anything goes
Chocolate, coffee and cards - Monochromatic
Shopping our stash - Something already out on your desk (ok, technically that's everything, since almost all my craft supplies live on my desk (no craft room, just a desk and a little piece of floor!), however, going by the spirit of the challenge, rather than the letter, the "out on my desk" would be the butterfly die-cuts, which have been sitting close at hand waiting for the perfect card to put them on...)


That's it from me for now. Don't forget to enter my candy if you haven't yet, and I'll see you tonight (scheduled, as I'll be sleeping!) with my Crafting with Dragonflies DT post.

Hugs.

Sammy-x

12 comments:

cotnob said...

Such a pretty card Sammy, I love pink papers and your sweet image - great design.
Pauline
x

Donna Mosley said...

Beautiful card Sammy, love the pretty design & details.

Donna x

Donna Hanley said...

I think this card or the pieces of it qualify for sure. I love those butterflies. Enjoy the day.

Kathleen said...

Fabulous card, great papers and super cute image and love the shape of the card, very pretty.

Kath x

Sue said...

Awwwww such a sweet image and I love the way you have coloured it. The papers and details are all so pretty, I especially like the butterfly.
hugs Sue xx

Sue said...

Such a lovely card Sammy, great colouring and gorgeous papers huggles Sue xx

Jane Savage said...

Just gorgeous, Sammy. Great idea to leave the bears white. I love all the layers and of course the pearl drawer handles had to be pearls. Fab! xx

Lozzy said...

Beautiful Sammy, the image is so sweet with your colouring and love what you have done with the butterflies..Hugs Lozzy xx

Unknown said...

Love your card and all the details!!! Thanks for sharing your project at Sister Act this week!
Hugs-
Trisha-DT

Anne said...

This is adorable Sammy, love how you coloured it!
Thanks for joining in our Pink and White challenge.

Good luck!

Anne x
Lili of the Valley

Mikha Adriani said...

Beautiful card, Sammy! :D
I love the pink! Love the embelishments you put there too; simply beautiful, dear x
Thank you for sharing this pinky cute card at Chocolate, Coffee and Cards Challenge. Hope to see you again soon.

Hugs, Mikha - DT

Deena said...

Thanks for joining in at the Shopping our Stash what's on your desk challenge this week! I am a super huge fan of this monochromatic card! I always find them so difficult to make...you hit the nail on the head with it!