Followers

Wednesday 13 November 2013

Crafting with dragonflies DT post - Stickpins - Things with wings.

Hello all,

Today is the start of a new challenge over at Crafting with Dragonflies. This fortnight we're looking for a card featuring Stickpins, with the theme "Things with wings".

Our sponsor is Crafts and Me, who are offering the lucky winner 3 digis of their choice.

Now, on to my card...

I got to use the "The new boots" digi to create my card, and I really, really loved this one!
Initially, I thought "ohhhh fairy!" and reached for the stickles. However, I managed to stop myself, as I decided she was a nature fairy, not a princess fairy, if you know what I mean, and therefore the Stickles weren't quite right.
I'm quite proud of my restraint! :-)



The pink and green heart stickpins I got in a wheel from Every Craft's a pound a while ago, and had yet to use any of them. I keep forgetting about them, so this was a really useful challenge for me! lol.
The sentiment is from Little Darlings, and the leafy die-cut was created with a spellbinders "foliage" die. The pink swirl was a gift from a lovely blog friend.
The paper at the back is Prima, but unfortunately I'm a little fuzzy on the others... Magazine freebies is all I can tell you! The flowers are WOC.

Your turn! Make us a card featuring stickpins! You can buy them, or make them yourself (the best ones always are!). My fellow Dragonflies and I are looking forward to flying over to your blogs to see your creations!

Don't forget to take a peek at the rest of the DTs blogs to see their creations. They're all soooo lovely! And their cards are great too! lol.

Have a great day people!

Sammy-x
(who is hopefully fast asleep by the time you read this...)

12 comments:

happyglitzygirl said...

A beautiful feminine card, great LO and Love all the embellies, well done, blessings Hilde

Unknown said...

Hey Sammy, this is gorgeous....nature fairy sounds good to me.xxx

Ina G said...

Wow what a BEAUTIFUL card. I am not a fairy person but this card is just gorgeous. Love the colours you used and those flowers are stunning. Your stick pins blend in beautifully too.

Sue said...

Such a beautiful card Sammy. The image is gorgeous, your colouring is fabulous and I love the pretty papers with your fabulous embellishments
hugs Sue xx

Sarah said...

What a super card Sammy. Pink and green have to be one of my favourite combos and you've done it beautifully xx

debby4000 said...

What an beautiful fairy, gorgeous card.
luv
Debby

Jane Savage said...

Beautiful, Sammy. Gorgeous image and I love how you have made the flower arrangement look part of the 'garden'. Stunning! xx

Wynn said...

Those flowers are fabulous Sammy. I love the flourish too.
Hugs Wynn x

Kathleen said...

Very pretty, fabulous flower display and great papers.

Kath x

cotnob said...

This is so pretty Sammy, fabulous image and lovely papers and embellishments.
Pauline
x

~ Barb said...

You are completely right about fairies and stickles, I could not have shown your restraint, lol. I love the colors you've used, she is a beautiful nature fairy!
{Hugs} Barb

Unknown said...

Beautiful card Sammy great image and all that detail. Stunning hugs txx