Followers

Thursday 22 August 2013

Ohhhh, I have a Magnolia stamp!

And I'm not afraid to use it! :-)

Yes, I had been looking on in envy as people all over blogland were making beeyoutiful cards featuring Magnolia stamps. The images are just lovely and really lend themselves to super pretty girlie cards (something I never thought I'd enjoy making originally, but here we are, lol).

And now, I have a Magnolia stamp of my very own!


The stamp I used is "Baseball Tilda" And I decided to make her team colour coral, which I then teamed up with some First Edition "Daydream" papers. I was originally going to go the whole hog with flowers and doilies and cheesecloth, etc. But I thought the sporty image didn't want anything too fussy, if you know what I mean. The colours haven't photographed as nicely as I'd have liked, but you get the idea...
The sentiment stamp is part of a teddy stamp set that came as a freebie with a mag I grabbed when I first started cardmaking (it was a father's day issue). Unfortunately I've lost the wrapper, so not sure who designed it! Please do let me know if you recognise it!
The brad in the corner is one I got around about the same time... I bought a set of them, and to date still hadn't used one!

In other news, have you all been following the LOTV bloghop today? If not, then what are you waiting for!? It was, frankly, a wonderful way to wake up, being greeted by so many fabulous cards with the sweetest stamps while enjoying my wake-up cup of tea! I can assure you that owning a Magnolia stamp has not in any way diminished my love for LOTV and all its adorableness! ;-)


I'd like to enter this card into the following challenge:

Shopping our Stash - Oldest hardware (brad)

Have a wonderful day everyone!

Sammy-x

5 comments:

Kathleen said...

Great card, lovely colouring and layout.
I think I must be the only card makers that doesn't own a Magnolia stamp.

Kath x

Unknown said...

Very pretty indeed! Enjoy your stamp :)

Best crafty wishes!
Amber
Staying Crafty

Jessi Fogan said...

Oh, I love how you've layered the ribbon & lace! Such a sweet sweet card :) Thanks so much for coming to play with us at Shopping our Stash this week!

Chana Malkah said...

Hi, Sammy,
You have created a lovely project here! Wonderful coloring of the image and nice embellishments! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at Shopping Our Stash!
Hugz,
Chana, DT

Anne said...

I bought my first Magnolia a while back ...it's a slippery slope! Although, I have to admit they're sadly neglected in favour of my LOTV!
Love the colours you've used on your pretty card Sammy.

Anne x